ATLANTA — Several Walmart locations across metro Atlanta are going to ask you to make your final purchases earlier than they have been.
A spokesperson for Walmart confirmed to Channel 2 Action News that five Walmart stores are moving their closing times from 11 p.m. to 9 p.m.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
The stores making the change include:
- 4735 Jonesboro Road in Union City
- 5401 Fairington Road in Lithonia
- 6149 Old National Highway in College Park
- 1105 Research Center Atlanta Drive SW in Atlanta
- 844 Cleveland Avenue in East Point
All five stores will keep their 6 a.m. open times.
“We’re continually exploring ways to better serve our communities. After considering feedback from market leadership, associates and customers, we’ve decided to adjust operating hours,” a Walmart spokesperson said.
- Former Atlanta assistant principal shot, killed in Chicago high-rise
- Suspect arrested after shootout with police in busy Cartersville intersection
- Former Gwinnett daycare director arrested after video appears to show her assaulting 4-year-old
The other store, in Atlanta’s Vine City neighborhood, is being reopened as a Walmart Neighborhood Market. The store is scheduled to reopen in May 2024 with several changes.
The store will have lower square footage and safety improvements, including a substation for Zone 1 APD officers.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
IN OTHER NEWS:
©2023 Cox Media Group