ATLANTA, GA — Channel 2 consumer advisor Clark Howard warns that the next time you go to use your credit card it may be declined.
Channel 2 anchor Jorge Estevez and Howard talked about a scary new credit card company trend.
The credit card companies are getting strict because the banks are worried people won’t pay.
“The banks are afraid that a lot of people are going to default on their credit. So, they are without notice cutting your credit off,” Howard says.
- Georgia Labor Department rejects more than 150,000 false unemployment claims
- Tour $8.8 million Buckhead estate of Coca-Cola’s former CEO
- Records show fired deputy skipped work, looked at adult videos in squad car
Here is how Howard says for you to be prepared:
- Have at least one additional card from another bank or credit union.
- Make sure you have credit cards, not store cards.
“It doesn’t matter if you are current on your payments or have a good credit score,” says Howard.
Cox Media Group