CHEROKEE COUNTY, Ga. — Police are warning of traffic delays before the popular burger chain Whataburger opens its second metro Atlanta location this week.
The new restaurant off Highway 92 in Woodstock will start serving customers at 11 a.m. Thursday. The service will be drive-thru only with the dining room set to open in a few weeks.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
Woodstock Police say drivers can expect delays in the area. Officers plan to allow limited backups in the rightmost lane of Hwy. 92. If intersections or other businesses are blocked, drivers will have to keep moving.
Police are asking drivers to seek alternate routes when possible and expect the delays to continue for at least the next week.
Last month, Whataburger’s first location opened in Kennesaw. A Channel 2 Action News photographer spotted lines wrapped around the restaurant and the block.
- Lawsuit: Mini bottles of Fireball Cinnamon do not contain whiskey
- Georgia 911 dispatcher dies after being ejected in crash, hit by truck on I-75
- Former Uber driver charged with sexual battery of woman he took home from the hospital
For Thursday’s opening, Whataburger says it has hired private security and Woodstock police to help direct traffic. Guests can enter the drive-thru line on Hwy 92 eastbound.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
Whataburger said seven other stores are currently being built and they hope to open 50 more over the next few years. Here are the locations currently under construction.
- 503 Lakeland Plaza, Cumming, Ga. 30040
- 2925 Buford Dr, Buford, Ga. 30519
- 900 Pavilion Pkwy, Monroe, Ga. 30656
- 10106 Alcovy Rd, Covington, Ga. 30014
- 3201 Atlanta Hwy, Athens, Ga. 30606
- SEQ – Scenic Hwy N & North Rd SW, Snellville, Ga. 30078
- 15 Wallace Blvd, Dawsonville, Ga. 30534
IN OTHER NEWS:
©2022 Cox Media Group