Amtrak is in need of workers and to help fill the void, the rail company is holding several hiring events and career fairs across the country.
Amtrak made the announcement this week in a news release that it will be concentrating its searches in Los Angeles, Seattle, New Orleans, New York, Chicago, Oakland, Philadelphia, Miami, Wilmington, Delaware, and Washington, D.C.
The company will also be holding several virtual events this fiscal year, including:
- Walk-In Wednesday Career Fair: Second Wednesday of every month, 1-3 p.m. ET
- Military Officers Association of America STEM Career Fair: Aug. 24, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET
- Next stop Amtrak - Women in Tech: Aug. 25, 1-3 p.m. ET
- Hiring our Heroes - Transportation, Supply Chain, & Logistics: Sept. 22, 1-3 p.m. ET
- Next stop Amtrak - Latinx/Hispanic Individuals: Sept. 29, 1-3 p.m. ET
The starting pay for service positions is $21 an hour. Journeymen electricians start at $34.07 an hour. The company is also offering hiring bonuses and relocation packages for critical positions, officials said in the job search announcement.
Amtrak is looking to hire 4,000 regular, full-time employees. There are also paid internships and co-ops for undergrad and graduate students.
The company is also offering an apprenticeship program for people considering a career in skilled labor.
To see what jobs are open right now, visit Amtrak’s career website.
©2022 Cox Media Group