Travis Scott asks for Astroworld lawsuits to be dismissed

HOUSTON — Rapper Travis Scott has requested that a judge dismiss 11 lawsuits against him following the deadly Astroworld Festival.

>> Read more trending news

In court documents, Travis Scott – whose real name is Jacques B. Webster II – issued a “general denial” to allegations that he was responsible for the deaths and injuries at his concert, KPRC reported. The filing also asked that the claims be “dismissed with prejudice,” which means it could not be brought back to court again.

The latest legal move comes as at least half the families who lost loved ones in the Nov. 5 tragedy have declined Scott’s offer to pay for funeral costs. As previously reported, four of the victims’ families confirmed receiving a letter from Scott’s attorney that said, in part, “Travis is devastated by the tragedy that occurred at the Astroworld festival and grieves for the families whose loved ones died or were injured. Travis is committed to doing his part to help the families who have suffered and begin the long process of healing in the Houston community.”

>> Related: Astroworld Festival stampede: 9-year-old victim dies, family says, bringing death toll to 10

Ten people were killed, ranging in age from 9 to 27. In addition to the lives lost, some 300 people were injured when the crowd of an estimated 50,000 people rushed the main stage as Scott performed.

Scott and the event organizers are the focus of criminal investigations, The Associated Press previously reported.