ATLANTA — Pop-up storms rolled through metro Atlanta Monday afternoon that brought heavy rain at times, thunder and lightning, but they will diminish into Monday night.
Severe Weather Team 2 chief meteorologist Glenn Burns said Tuesday will be another repeat of Monday, with more pop-up storms being produced from the heating of the day.
Download the FREE Severe Weather Team 2 Weather App
“Heading out tomorrow morning, there’s no problem with the morning commute,” Burns said. “But showers and storms will continue to develop, mainly along and south of Interstate 20 again through much of tomorrow afternoon and into the afternoon commute as well.”
Burns said this typical July weather pattern will continue through the rest of the week with a 30 to 40 percent chance of rain for the rest of the week, with chances reach about 60 percent by Saturday.
- Man with multiple gunshot wounds found dead behind wheel of car
- 9 dead, 30 injured found inside 'sweltering' semitrailer at Texas Walmart
- Gainesville man knee-deep in ocean gets hit with wave and dies, police say
Cox Media Group